Computer Equipment Check-In Procedure
Fixed Assets --- Procedures
November 1, 1997
Dock personnel are required to:
- Accept returns of computer equipment.
- Inspect (plug in) the returned computer equipment to
determine if it is operational.
- Inform MIS of nonoperational computer equipment and seek
- Examine returned computer equipment to ensure it matches the
description and assigned Asset ID Number (tag number), as
identified on the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility Form
maintained in the dock's files.
- Insert initials and date in the Date Returned Signature
column for each piece of computer equipment returned to the
- Sign the Main Dock Cosigned line when all pieces of computer
equipment listed on the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility
Form are received.
- Make two photocopies of the DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Form for the dock's files. A photocopy may also
be given to the requester, if asked.
- Forward the original, signed DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Form to the Human Resources Department and the
copy to the Fixed Assets Manager within 24 hours.
- In the case of termination, coordinate with the Human
Resources Department to ensure that all computer equipment
assigned to the employee is returned to the dock and the DB
Technology Equipment Responsibility Form is completed
appropriately as above. Return the equipment to MIS.
The requester is required to:
- Return computer equipment to the dock.
- Complete the "Applications on Equipment" area of
the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility Form, indicating
each type of software application stored on the returned
system, and whether the return is for New Equipment or due to
a Transfer of Equipment.
- Sign on the Return of Goods line and enter the current date
on the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility Form, indicating
his or her forfeiture of the computer equipment, as indicated.
- The Human Resources Department is required to:
- Receive and place original, signed DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Forms in the appropriate requester's personnel
Contact Us |
Site Map |
Surveys | Links |